February 13, 2011

cliche of flowers

Glowed light within
Deep inside
Plastered opaque white
Bright tiny red
Supernova expanse
¤
Pinpoint shine
Broken through steel
Skeleton under stretched skin
This bloom
Beating in atoms
¤
Pushed by fire
Self-ignited arson and iron
You breathe in
My every thought
Closer than feeling
¤
Shaping something
From nothing
My emptied space
Filling, filled, wanting
You
¤
The cliche of flowers
My bloomed affection
Like brightening flames
From candles to wildfire
From like to Love

1 comment:

Rasii said...

First let me say I really liked the tone. The work feels like it is swirling in the emptiness…below the flowers if you will.

The third and fifth stanza’s being my favorite; I especially enjoyed the “Pushed by Fire/Fire and Iron” coupling.

I always find your work on Twitter to be clean and tight, and it stays that way in your poetry. Thanks for sharing. RS