June 29, 2010

cubed

It doesn't
really matter
does it?
Nobody really
cares right?
Hidden away in
their boxes filled
with secrets. I'm
hidden away in
my box too. My own
secrets at the cost
of stretching
and reaching. My
loveless
soulless
box that I will
return to. To
never
love
again.
Once I fell
in love with a
tree. It lived high
on a grassy hill. I
watched every
day as horses
ate the grass from
beneath it. The tree
shaded the horses
from the hot
summer sun. The sun
orbited behind it
like it was the
center of the
universe. Every
day for years I
watched as the
tree reached and
stretched. It
blossomed and
flourished. Circled
by the sun and
moon.
Then it was gone.
Just a stump in
the ground. Broken
limbs littered
in the dirt. Fallen
leaves and
sticks. The horses
found shady
hay under other
trees. And the
sun found another
center. My heart
felt it would burst
from my chest. With
quivering chin
and tear soaked
cheeks I couldn't
stop from making
the creek a
flooded river. Overflowing
its banks. And I
swore I would
never
love
again.
Broken promises and
lies within my
own head. I am a
round wheel in a
black square box. I'm
worth it but
not worth it. I
wait and I can't
wait. I'm on fire and
the fire is
extinguished
in one swift
omission. I don't
know what I am
because its always
different.

I'm wasted,

in a puddle,

in the moonlight,

on a tombstone,

wrapped in string
and clouds,

in my secret box
where no one can
see me but
the river I make
and will
hopefully
drown
in.

No comments: