September 7, 2010

my truth

I can let you go
Now
You're still here
Sacred words
Warm new roots
Single vision
Set free
Inch by inch
I back away
(inches)
*
You
Tell
Me
Not
To
(Feel)
Love
For
You
*
I want
To punctuate the lulls
Of our conversation
With the frozen
Words of lovers
Curling you up
Softening the sharp pains
Of the levels of Hell
Thinking about you
By the minute
You burn in my skin
Twist me in knots
Echoes of all the words
You said
Pad my heart
With each beat
My emotions
Swarm like bees
stinging to protect
making honey
*
See...
So
I guess
I do love you
Adore you
every time
I talk to you
lies drip
from my core
Clearly I can
Handle it
I don't love you
I can never love you

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"My emotions
Swarm like bees
stinging to protect
making honey"

Perfect description...it's so hard to let love go. I always hang on way too long. I really feel this poem.